Discover the lists of new things available on this release in the official documentation : SPIP 2.0.
You can also read in French, those 2 articles by Matthieu Marcillaud, very well documented (don’t hesitate to comment on them if you have more information or feedbacks to bring but not to get help or debug with your new SPIP 2.0) : SPIP 2 se prépare et SPIP 2 se prépare (suite).
We feel free to remind you of the caution rules to follow, while proceeding a major SPIP upgrade (from a version 1.9.x to a 2.0.x for example) :
- Backup your database before all things !!!
- Test your upgrade on a copy of your website and not directly on the online one, viewed by all your visitors
- Rename your /squelettes and /plugins directories
- Connect through your private area to proceed to the needed upgrade (database adaptation)
If everything goes well to this point, then you may :
- Put your /squelettes directory back in place, taking care to remove (or rename) all personalized forms, contained in the /formulaires sub-directory
- Download all plugins updates for SPIP 2.0. You’ll find them for example here : Flux des plugins
- Put your /plugins directory back in place
- Reactivate one by one all your plugins
We also recommend caution regarding the use of plugins which would not have been updated for SPIP 2.0 : changes being quite numerous, only a few plugins now work well without corrections for this new release.
Download the archive or the Spip-loader on the Spip offical website’s download section
In case of emergency
In case of an issue while proceeding the installation or the upgrade, please post on the users mailing-lists :
- English : firstname.lastname@example.org
- French : email@example.com
or on the core-developers mailing-list : firstname.lastname@example.org if you think your bug might come from this new release 2.0.
Please Feedback !
You like this new version ? Bored with some inconsistencies ? Feel free to tell it there, to let us know which orientations we should follow in our developments towards the future releases.
Original Spip-contrib’s team announcment, translated from French by Etienne B. aka Loiseau2nuit