Hello, this an important message for all those maintaining a Spip-made website.
Three important security vulnerabilities has been signaled the week before Christmas. They were fixed as soon as they were discovered and we have released new versions. New versionS because it seems that the vulnerabilities were there for a while.
Of cource, we encourage everyone to enjoy from now the latest stable version (2.0.3) available there : http://www.spip.net/en_download
If ever you are “blocked” with an more ancient version of Spip, and while waiting to proceed to an upgrade to the latest one, you will find versions 1.8.3b and 1.9.2g in the archives repository http://files.spip.org/spip/archives/
Many thanks to Jean Bon, Julien Cayssol and Pierre Gardenat for having warned us about those vulnerabilities. Don’t hesitate to do so if you find new ones, forwarding them to the core-developpers private mailing-list : email@example.com
If you have questions dealing with general matters, three dedicated mailing-lists are able to handle them :
- the English users list : http://listes.rezo.net/mailman/list...
- the French users list : http://listes.rezo.net/mailman/list...
- the developpers list : http://listes.rezo.net/mailman/list... (where someone should be able to answer you in English).
Please also remind that another mailing-list “SPIP-announcement” : http://listes.rezo.net/mailman/list... (fr) is there to announce eventual problems or available Spip upgrades. Don’t hesitate to register to keep informed on Spip’s evolutions (sending frequence is very low).
To conclude, a few details about the differences noticed since the release of Spip version 2.0 (fr).
2.0.1 -> 2.0.2
- refusing urls containing pseudo-protocol data (rev.13521)
- Happy New Year (rev.13520)
- Unifying layout in the three “language managment” tabs (rev.13519)
- still a few mods on the front-office’s Agenda (rev.13517)
- The A tag’s “type” field was still empty, on a document’s logo (rev.13512)
- DOCUMENTS loop were not returning documents which were attached to forum posts (rev.13511)
- Accepting notes named <*> <+> <.> and other significant characters.
- a peeling to evacuate black point (rev.13508)
- improving the popularity calculation (rev.13506)
- a link was broken in the message posted to a new registered user. (rev.13504)
- image_format now supports png8 (extension is still ’png’) (rev.13501)
- LDAP/AD authentication, now reads the Sameaccountname (rev.13500)
- Protecting the $is, given to calcul_branche_in (rev.13498)
2.0.0 -> 2.0.1
- repairing a bug on standard URLs and other ancient implementations (rev.13489)
- Problems with the “cache” directory’s creation, during the install (rev.13487)
- minor corrections on visits calculation (rev.13485)
- Compiler : bugs while considering the status field, in the case of a request on a main table (rev.13484)
- Private area’s forms : corrections for IE6/7 (rev.13481)
- It was impossible to move Spip in a sub-directory (rev.13478)
We wish you all a Happy New Year 2009.
Loiseau2nuit, translating and adapting an original post by Maïeul and Ben, (with the SPIP Team)